Looking for medical assistant training in Northern California?
As one of the trusted medical assistant schools in Northern California, our program can prepare you for entry-level positions in clinics, hospitals, healthcare labs, private physicians’ offices and other healthcare facilities.
Objective: This Clinical Medical Professional training program emphasizes the importance of clinical, communication, critical-thinking, human relation and decision-making skills required to help you become a well-rounded, well-qualified medical professional.
Our Clinical Medical Professional program also includes extensive instruction in medical terminology, medical office management, medical insurance billing, medical office procedures and medical clinical procedures, as well as instruction in beginning medical transcription, basic anatomy and physiology, and pharmacology.
As a student, you’ll also learn to use medical-related software for data protection and transmission. A 168-hour externship is included, as well as a 40-hour phlebotomy externship.
Program Length: 6 quarters (18 months)
A specialized occupational Associate degree is awarded upon successful completion of all graduation requirements.
This program includes the following courses:
- Electronic Health Records
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Medical Assisting
- Injections and Surgical Assisting
- EKGs and Capillary Puncture
- Phlebotomy and Urinalysis
- Medical Office Procedures
- Medical Insurance Coding
- Medical Insurance Plans
- Principles of Pharmacology
- Various Computer, Internet and Microsoft courses
- Management Communications
- Medical/Phlebotomy Externship
- And many more comprehensive courses!
Learn more about Medical programs at Empire College: