Medical and Business Scholarships in California
Welcome to Empire College! We pride ourselves on offering some of the highest-quality career training in Sonoma County. If you're ready to start on your academic goals but are searching for scholarships for business majors in California, Empire College can help you! As part of our commitment to giving our students every advantage for success in the real-world, we offer a variety of scholarship opportunities.
At Empire College, we understand that pursuing your professional goals is important to you, but a major barrier can be finding a way to finance your education. To students who qualify, we offer scholarships that make paying for college easier and help students get the complete educational experience they deserve. Students searching for northern California business school scholarships can find valuable assistance through our financial aid department.
We strive to offer our students some of the best financial aid and business school scholarships for colleges in California at Empire College. The Community Foundation of Sonoma County offers several different scholarships specific to students' individual needs and interests. The Wine Country Chapter of the American Business Women's Association offers helpful business scholarships in Northern California to female students at Empire College. For medical students, the Kaiser Permanente Excellence in Education honors one medical student annually at Empire College. Take a look at the requirements of our scholarship opportunities listed below and apply today!
The Empire College Dean's Scholarship is available to high school seniors who plan to enroll at Empire College. Ten scholarships are awarded annually ranging from $250 to $1500. Applications accepted January 1-April 15 each year (to be reocgnized at a Senior Awards Event), as well as throughout the year for students planning to enroll and begin classes between June and the following May.
- Academic achievements
- Applicant's letter of intent
- Extra-curricular activities
- Two letters of recommendation
Kaiser Permanente Excellence in Education Scholarship
Kaiser Permanente offers one $2,500 scholarship each year to a current Empire College medical student.
- Enrollment in an Empire College medical program for 1200 hours or greater
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Minimum of 90% attendance
- Completed minimum of two quarters
- Currently attending Empire College.
Community Foundation Sonoma County Scholarships:
There are more than 35 Legacy and new scholarship funds that have been established with Community Foundation Sonoma County. In 2013, these scholarships were administered as Scholarship Sonoma County. Beginning in January 2014, scholarship applications for all Legacy and new scholarships that have been established with Community Foundation Sonoma County are being administered by their partner, 10,000 Degrees.
The community scholarships vary annually and have included:
- Charles Demeo Scholarship Fund (Single mothers in danger of becoming homeless)
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Sonoma County Scholarship (Hispanic descent+)
- Marsha & Donald Jacobs Family Fund (Priority is given to re-entry students)
- Helen Kellum Scholarship (Academic ability, realistic goals)
- La Tortilla Factory Jose & Mary Tamayo Memorial Scholarship Fund (Latino students+)
- My Future is in Healthcare Scholarship (Preference to low-income, bicultural students with demonstrated interest in health field+)
- Michael F. O'Donnell Memorial Scholarship Fund (Currently enrolled in law school or pursuing a law-related career)
- 100 Black Men of Sonoma County Scholarship (African-American descent)
- Redwood Empire Estate Planning Council Scholarship (Business, Law or Accounting)
- Sands for a Sustainable Future Scholarship (Continuing college students)
- Sonoma County Medical Association – Health Careers Scholarship (Medical)
- Andrea Vicini Memorial Scholarship (Italian descent+)
- Andy Wallstrum Memorial Scholarship (Graduate of Lawrence Cook Middle School)
For a list of current scholarships, visit www.sonomacf.org/receive/scholarships.
P.E.O. California Scholarships for Women
P.E.O. is a philanthropic organization for women. Founded in 1869 as a small friendship society, P.E.O. quickly grew into a diverse, widespread sisterhood with one mission: promote educational and personal growth opportunities for women. The application is open every September to January.
Scholarship requirements: Student must be enrolled in the following award year, must be a California resident and a citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States or Canada
More information at: http://www.peocalifornia.org/
P.E.O. International Scholarships for Women
P.E.O. is a philanthropic organization where women CELEBRATE the advancement of women; EDUCATE women through scholarships, grants, awards, loans, and MOTIVATE women to achieve their highest aspirations.
P.E.O. Scholar Awards (PSA) for women in doctoral programs.
P.E.O. STAR Scholarship (STAR) for high school senior women.
P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education (PCE) for women returning to school.
More information at: http://www.peointernational.org/