Specialized Associate Degree – Guest Services
Explore our guest services training in California
Empire College's guest services degree program can help prepare students for entry-level guest service management positions in the lodging, wine, and tourism related industries, as well as sales and marketing positions in any industry.
Objective: This multi-disciplined program concentrates on critical thinking and decision-making skills with special emphasis on guest services, event and meeting planning, wine sales and marketing, project management, leadership, and motivation. The emphasis on entrepreneurship includes creating, financing, marketing, and managing a business. Other current topics include social media marketing, human resource management, e-commerce, and introduction to the spa industry. A 120-hour internship completes our guest service agent training.
Empire’s guest services training in Northern California prepares students for 8 certificates from the Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association, culminating in certification as a Guest Service Professional.
Graduates of our guest services school in California can explore career opportunities as:
- Front desk clerks
- Event planners
- Event managers
- Conference service managers
- Tourism and hospitality specialists
Become part of the growing hospitality and customer service industry and prepare for a variety of exciting career opportunities with Empire College.
Program Length: 7 quarters
Specialized Associate degree awarded upon completion of graduation requirements.
The Guest Services program includes the following courses:
- Business Meeting and Travel Planning
- Tourism in the Hospitality Industry and California Wine Country
- Convention Management
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Leadership and Management in the Hospitality Industry
- Guest Services
- Sales for the Wine and Tourism Industries
- Managing Food and Beverage Operations
- Management Communications
- Presentation Skills
- Professional Office Communications
- And many more comprehensive courses!
Click here to view a course outline for our customer service training program.
"Because of my Empire College program specializing in guest services and hospitality management, I was promoted to Front Desk Supervisor. During the past four months, we have hired three additional Empire graduates and are thrilled with their exceptional guest services skills."
- David Skrimager, Front Desk Supervisor, Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa