GED Prep Tutorial
GED Programs in California
Passing the GED exam can open up new doors in your life. You can go on to pursue a college education as well as new career opportunities. In fact, you could earn an additional $200,000 or more in your lifetime with your GED credential.*
Why should you earn your GED?
- 95% of U.S. colleges and universities accept a GED credential in lieu of a high school diploma*
- 96% of employers accept a GED credential*
- Federal grants and student loans are available only to those with a high school diploma or GED
The Empire College Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is proud to provide students with GED prep tutorial classes in California. Funded by a $250,000 donation to the Empire College Foundation from the estate of former Empire College board member, businessman and civic leader, Evert Person, Empire College now offers free GED tutorial classes in Northern California.
Upon an assessment of your computer skills and knowledge level, you and your instructor can map out a program timeline customized to your educational needs. Depending on your knowledge level, the GED Prep tutorial can take 3 to 10 weeks to complete. Our GED class in Northern California program reviews the four content areas covered in the GED exam, which include:
- Language Arts – Reading, Writing and Grammar
- Social Studies
When you are able to pass practice exams, you can be eligible to take the GED exam. Empire College provides you with a voucher to take the exam for free at a local test site.
About the Empire College GED Prep tutorial class:
- Class size of 20 students
- Book and online coursework with one-on-one guidance from well-qualified, experienced teachers
- Course length is 3 to 10 weeks depending on students’ computer skills and competency level
- Class is held from 7:30-9:00 a.m. or 2:15 to 3:45 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and you may start any Monday
- Entrance requirements are completion of the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam at the 11th or 12th grade equivalency in language and math skills
- Cost: $0 (includes course and voucher to take the GED test at a local test site – a $300 value)
Educational Opportunity Grant
With successful attainment of the GED, students may qualify for and enroll in one of Empire College’s 24 diploma or Associate degree programs. Students who choose to enroll at Empire College can be eligible for grant opportunities. Empire College is offering a $1,000 educational opportunity grant to those who enroll in a diploma program and a $2,000 educational opportunity grant for those who enroll in an Associate degree program after successfully completing Empire's GED Prep class and passing the exam.
If you’re looking for GED prep tutorial in Sonoma County, California, contact us today.
*The American Council on Education (ACE)